The mid-range Wire Terminal Strength Tester (WTST 5 kN) provides high accuracy and repeatability when performing pull out tests on crimped, soldered and welded joints up to 5 kN. The motorised drive system of this pull tester ensures that there is no sudden application of force or jerking during the test and an easily-operated touch screen display allows fast, efficient testing by operators in a production environment.
International test standards generally stipulate that terminals must be pulled to destruction at a uniform pull speed (typically 25 to 50 mm/min), or alternatively be held at a sustained load for a defined period. This requires the use of a programmable motorised test system, for which the Mecmesin WTST series is ideal.
- Suitable for AWG 0000 to 40 in crimp or splice formations
- Simple operation, minimal training required
- One touch to select a program + one touch to start the test
- Automatic break detection and crosshead return saves testing time
- Hold to a load limit for a specified time
- Clear pass/fail indication
- Live graph and results display
- Calculations and basic statistics
- Full report and data export
- Rugged, clear touch screen for production environment
- 5 kN (1100 lbf) capacity
- Loadcell measurement accuracy: : ±0.1% f.s.
- Speed range: 1 to 500 mm/min (0.04 to 20 in/min)
- Speed accuracy: 0.2% indicated speed
- Dimensions: 1082 × 615 × 526 mm (43 × 24 × 21 in)
- Weight: 43 kg (95 lb)
- Power supply: 240 V AC 50 Hz / 100 V AC 60 Hz
- 5 kN as standard, accurate to ±0.1% f.s. Lower capacity loadcells are also available.
The WTST 5 kN is a versatile and fully-programmable tensile and compression tester, equally suited to a wide variety of force testing, for which a complete range of accessories is available. Typical related uses include:
- Solenoid testing
- Tensile strength of wires and cables
- plus many other lower force tests on electrical connectors, components and assemblies