The Wire Terminal Strength Tester (WTST 2.5 kN) provides high accuracy and repeatability when performing pull out tests on crimped, soldered and welded joints up to 2.5 kN (550 lbf). The motorised drive system of this pull tester ensures that there is no sudden application of force or jerking during the test and an easily-operated touch screen display allows fast, efficient testing by operators in a production environment.
International test standards generally stipulate that terminals must be pulled to destruction at a uniform pull speed (typically 25 to 50 mm/min), or alternatively be held at a sustained load for a defined period. This requires the use of a programmable motorised test system, for which the WTST 2.5 kN is ideal.
- Suitable for AWG 4 to 40 in crimp or splice formation
- Simple operation, minimal training required
- One touch to select a program + one touch to start the test
- Automatic break detection and crosshead return saves testing time
- Hold to a load limit for a specified time
- Clear pass/fail indication
- Live graph and results display
- Calculations and basic statistics
- Full report and data export
- Rugged, clear touch screen for production environment
- 2.5 kN (550 lbf) capacity
- Loadcell measurement accuracy: : ±0.1% f.s.
- Speed range: 1 to 1000 mm/min (0.04 to 40 in/min)
- Speed accuracy: 0.2% indicated speed
- Dimensions (including. console): H × W × D, 941 × 546 × 414 mm (37 × 21 × 16 in)
- Weight: 27 kg (60 lb)
- Power supply: 240 V AC 50 Hz / 100 V AC 60 Hz
- 2.5 kN as standard, accurate to ±0.1% f.s. Lower capacity loadcells are also available.
The WTST 2.5 kN is a versatile and fully-programmable tensile and compression tester, suited not only to pull testing of crimped terminals but also to a wide variety of force testing, for which a complete range of accessories is available. Typical related uses include:
- Connector insertion and withdrawal
- Cable tie strength testing
- Switch activation
- Solenoid testing
- Tensile strength of wires and cables
- PCB component pull-off and shear
- PCB flexure
- PCB copper trace peel