The Mecmesin CrimpTest 1 kN is a horizontal, motorised pull tester, designed for ease of use with minimal training. It allows rapid throughput when testing the tensile strength of wire terminals. Rugged in its construction with simple controls and a clear display this compact, benchtop unit is an ideal crimp tester for quality control checks to be performed right at the point of production.
- Clear indication of pull-off load and pass/fail status based on allowable limits.
- Just four multifunction buttons for all settings, operation and results output.
- Peak force at break is automatically calculated.
- Choose from four speed settings: 25, 50, 100 and 200 mm/min.
- Rotary Crimp Receptacle (RCR), holder with 10 slots to suit wires from 1.5 mm (1/16″) to 8 mm (5/16″)
- Stepped ring terminal pin for eyelet loops from 4 mm to 10 mm internal diameter
- Cam grip fixture to suit wires up to 11 mm (0.4") diameter
RS232 (RJ45 connector), for connection to printers, computers and dataloggers. Print results manually, or auto-print every result at the end of each test.
Robust, ideal for regular use in the production environment and IP52 rated against ingress of dust, wire fragments and water.
CrimpTest 1 kN is suitable for the following test standards for pull out testing to 1 kN:
- ASTM B913: evaluation of crimped electrical connections to 16-gauge and smaller diameter stranded and solid conductors
- EN IEC 60352-2 : solderless crimped connections
- BS 5G 178 (Part 1) : crimped joints for aircraft electrical cables and wires
- DEF STAN 59-71 : crimped electrical connectors for copper conductors
- ISO 1966 : crimped joints for aircraft electrical cables
- NASA-STD-8739.4 : space applications, crimping, cabling and harnessing
- SAE AS39029, AS7928 : general automotive specification for terminals, lug: splices, conductor: crimp style, copper
- USCAR-21: automotive specification for cable-to-terminal electrical crimps
- VW-60330: Volkswagen automotive test method for crimped connections
- Load capacity: 1 kN / 100 kgf / 220 lbf
- Load accuracy: ±2 N / 0.2 kgf / 0.4 lbf
- Load resolution: 0.1 N (1:10,000)
- Overload: 150%
- Break detection: automatic with return to start
- Break assumed at: 10% of peak load (90% drop from peak)
- Selectable test speeds: 25, 50, 100, 200 mm/min (1, 2, 4, 8 in/min)
- Speed accuracy: ±0.2% of indicated speed
- Data port: RS232 (RJ11)
- Dimensions (without fixtures): H × W × D 180 × 192 × 500 mm (7 × 7.5 × 19.5 in)
- Weight: 11 kg (24 lb)
- Power requirement: external 24 V adapter, max rating 160 W
- Ingress protection rating: IP52
- Operating temperature: 10°C to 40°C
- Warranty: 2 years