The Mecmesin CrimpTest-1 kN is a horizontal, motorised wire terminal tester, designed for ease of use and minimal training, rapid throughput and high duty cycle operation. Rugged construction, simple controls and a clear display make this compact, benchtop unit an ideal quality checking instrument for wire terminal manufacturing equipment, right at the point of production.
- Clear indication of pull-off load and pass/fail status.
- Just four multifunction buttons for all settings, operation and results output.
- Peak force at break is automatically calculated.
- Choose from four speed settings: 25, 50, 100 and 200 mm/min.
- Rotary Crimp Receptacle (RCR), holder with 9 slots to suit wires from 1.5 mm (1/16″) to 8 mm (5/16″)
- Stepped ring terminal pin for loops from 4 mm to 10 mm
- Cam grip fixture to suit wires up to 11 mm (0.4") diameter
RS232 (RJ45 connector), for connection to printers or data terminal. Print results of individual tests, or auto-print every result at the end of each test.
Robust, ideal for regular use in the production environment and IP52 rated against ingress of dust, wire fragments and water.
CrimpTest-1 kN is suitable for the following test standards, to 1 kN:
- ASTM B913 : Standard Test Method for Evaluation of Crimped Electrical Connections to 16-Gauge and Smaller Diameter Stranded and Solid Conductors
- SAE AS39029, AS7928 : general specification for terminals, lug: splices, conductor: crimp style, copper
- IEC 60352-2 : solderless crimped connections
- BS 5G 178 (Part 1) : crimped joints for aircraft electrical cables and wires
- DEF STAN 59-71 : crimped electrical connectors for copper conductors
- ISO 1966 : crimped joints for aircraft electrical cables
- NASA-STD-8739.4 : space applications, crimping, cabling and harnessing
- Load capacity: 1 kN / 100 kgf / 220 lbf
- Load accuracy: ±2 N / 0.2 kgf / 0.4 lbf
- Load precision: 0.1 N (1:10,000)
- Overload: 150%
- Break detection: automatic with return to start
- Break assumed at: 10% of peak load (90% drop from peak)
- Selectable test speeds: 25, 50, 100, 200 mm/min (1, 2, 4, 8 in/min)
- Speed accuracy: ±0.2% of indicated speed
- Data port: RS232 (RJ11)
- Dimensions (without fixtures): H × W × D 180 × 192 × 500 mm (7 × 7.5 × 19.5 in)
- Weight: 11 kg (24 lb)
- Power requirement: external 24 V adapter, max rating 160 W
- Ingress protection rating: IP52
- Operating temperature: 10°C to 40°C
- Warranty: 2 years